Habitat for Humanity of Michigan (HFHM) is a US Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) approved housing counseling agency. HFHM employs certified housing counselors and financial coaches who educate, counsel, and coach Michigan consumers that want to improve their financial and/or housing situation. HFHM staff members also walk along with people as they remove barriers and pursue their home ownership goals.
There are no requirements for program participation - all Michigan residents are welcome to engage in the financial and housing education programs we offer. These programs and services include:
- Financial Management and Budget Individual Counseling and Group Education
- Pre-Purchase Home Buyer Group Education and Individual Counseling
- Post-Purchase Services including Default Avoidance, Home Improvement, and Non-Delinquent Services
- Fair Housing, Predatory Lending Avoidance, Rental Housing and Homelessness Services, Referrals, and Information
- Connections with local lenders and Habitat for Humanity offices for consumers who wish to pursue homeownership opportunities
To Schedule Your Appointment or Learn More and connect with Habitat Michigan’s programs, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 517-485-1006 x115 to speak with Angie. You can also complete the intake package, which you can access in the Resources panel (right), and send the completed documents to Angie.
Habitat for Humanity of Michigan believes that everyone should have a decent, affordable place to live. All are welcome to participate regardless of race, color, religion or creed, gender, national origin or ancestry, disability, familial status, political views or any of the other distinctions that too often divide people. Habitat welcomes people from all backgrounds and also serves people in need of decent housing.
Habitat for Humanity of Michigan does not proselytize, meaning we do not express or imply that a condition for assistance is that people must adhere to a particular faith, convert to a particular faith, or listen to messaging about converting to a particular faith.
Everyone is welcome to engage with Habitat for Humanity of Michigan's Housing Counseling and Financial Education programs and services.