With 64 affiliates, Michigan is one of Habitat for Humanity's most active states in the nation. Nearly every county in Michigan is served by a Habitat for Humanity affiliate.
Habitat for Humanity of Michigan, a State Support Organization, works to support our local affiliates through resource development, advocacy, training and technical assistance.
Habitat Michigan Programs & Services
- Down Payment Assistance (DPA) offers forgivable loans to benefit Habitat partner families, including reimbursement of homebuyer financial counseling services
- Habitat for Humanity Michigan Fund offers loan originating, servicing, and collections to affiliates
- Financial education and coaching program offers 1:1 sessions to create goals and an action plan to facilitate behavior changes in the way families think about money. Group education classes provide families with financial tools to be successful homeowners.
- Prison Build program provides construction products for Habitat partner families and education and hands on experience to incarcerated individuals
- USDA Rural Development 502 Loan Packaging offers access to a federal funding allocation primarily used to help low-income individuals or households purchase homes in rural areas.
- Discounted training opportunities offered to Habitat affiliates, as a chartered member of NeighborWorks America®
- Support to affiliates for Neighborhood Revitalization (NR) projects in fulfillment of their housing mission, including critical repairs, weatherizations, accessibility ramps, and A Brush With Kindness projects
AmeriCorps members via Michigan Community Service Commission serving in:- Volunteer recruitment- Financial coaching- Construction- Homeowner services
Implementation and evaluation of Habitat affiliates for resource eligibility via the annual Readiness File
SpartanNash program in partnership with Kent County Habitat for Humanity, and other employee volunteer and/or donation programs
The Salesforce platform provides a state-wide shared database to track engagement with donors, volunteers, and homeowner partners and increase affiliate collaboration
Sustainable Building program supporting Habitat affiliate construction and energy efficiency- Design assistance and house plans- General construction guidance for new construction and rehabs- Assistance achieving ENERGY STAR® and green buildingcertification
To learn more about other programs and services offered, please contact us.