Position: Fund Developer – Part-Time
Reports to: Executive Director
1. Prepare, execute and monitor comprehensive annual fundraising plans, budget, policies, practices, and procedures to support smooth organizational growth.
2. Perform prospect research on corporate, organizational, faith community, foundation, civic, and individual donors to determine sponsorships, gifts, grants, events, and collaborative activities in order to develop support.
3. Prepare Executive Director for public appearances and presentations as required to solicit funding and sponsorship support. Raise community awareness by scheduling public speaking events for ED, staff, and board.
4. Establish and maintain relationships with donors. Maintain database to coordinate fund development activities, donor retention and recognition programs.
5. Work with the Volunteer Coordinator to cultivate volunteers as donors and donors as volunteers.
6. Develop and manage fundraising tools including website updates, newsletter, brochures, annual reports, campaign materials, PowerPoint shows, videos, homeowner testimonials, etc.
1. Must be able to meet deadlines and goals.
2. Must have experience raising significant funds for a non-profit organization.
3. College undergraduate degree preferred.
4. Valid, current, and unrestricted Michigan Driver License. Willingness to travel.
5. Ability to work under pressure and coordinate various activities and groups of people to achieve maximum efficiency.
6. Patience and ability to work with unskilled volunteers.
7. Demonstrate and show respect to Habitat partner families.
8. Exceptional verbal, written, listening, and presentation skills; strong leadership and motivational skills.
9. Database management experience and the ability to maintain accurate records and prepare timely and meaningful reports.
10. Team player/able to work collaboratively and effectively with and among the organization’s key leadership including board, staff, and development committee members. Must also be able to make decisions and solve problems independently and effectively.