Friday, May 5, 2017 - 5:00pm
Muskegon County Habitat for Humanity
Muskegon County Habitat for Humanity (MCHFH), a western Michigan based affiliate of the national organization, is looking for a dynamic leader to provide overall executive leadership toward the vision of Habitat - a world where everyone has a decent place to live. MCHFH seeks to bring people together to build homes, communities and hope.
Based in Muskegon, Michigan, and serving the entire county, MCHFH operates with a budget of $825,000.00, a staff of 20, and operates three ReStore sites. The organization engages in new home construction and neighborhood revitalization, working with a variety of community partners.
MCHFH’s next leader will be responsible for:
- Resource Development – fostering and maintaining healthy relationships with donors and sponsors, overseeing the development of resource development plans, pursuing grant opportunities and fundraising, and actively seeking donations of land, materials and services.
- Community Relations – developing and maintaining relationships with representatives of government, nonprofit partners, and businesses in the community. Engaging volunteers in the work of Habitat; supporting and recognizing volunteers. Building relationships with professional, economic development and religious organizations in the community to further the mission.
- General Administration – recommending policies and procedures and helping to establish organizational priorities, and strategies. Managing affiliate finances and preparing budgets and reports for accountability. Overall direction and supervision of staff, and maintaining high quality human resources functions and culture.
- Board Relations – serving as the communication conduit between the board and committees, and working cooperatively with the board to establish strategic plans and directions. Establishment of performance measures and quality assurance reports.
Required Education, Skills and Experience:
- A bachelor’s degree in nonprofit or business administration or a related social service field. A Master’s degree is preferred.
- Three (3) years successful related supervisory or management experience.
- Experience working with donors, grant applications, or capital campaigns.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic understanding of house construction and mortgage banking.
- An ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-faceted environment, taking ideas from concept to implementation.
To apply send resume and cover letter to: Muskegon County Habitat for Humanity, Attn. Search Committee, 280 Ottawa, Muskegon, MI 49442. Alternatively, applicants may email resumes and cover letters to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until May 5, 2017.