Habitat affiliates can build capacity by taking part in the National Service Programs
AmeriCorps is a government funded program designed to strengthen citizenship and ethic of service by engaging thousands of Americans on a full or part time basis to help communities address their toughest challenges. The Corporation for National and Community Service (CNCS) administers AmeriCorps at the federal level and works in partnership with states to develop service programs that address goals in the areas of human needs, public safety, education, and the environment.
- Construction Liaison
- Family Support
- Volunteer Recruiter
- Community Outreach
- Neighborhood Development Support
- Marketing and other pieces to support local affiliate outreach efforts
- Finding and supporting families and volunteers,
- Supervising construction volunteers on the worksite
- Working with community partners to improve neighborhoods
- They have found more than 27,200 volunteers that provided over 183,000 service hours.
- 800 families went through the application process and qualified to be Habitat partner families
- Habitat affiliates with AmeriCorps members realized an increase in home production of 25% each year, constructing over 60 homes in Michigan.