A world where everyone has a decent place to live.
Our mission is seeking to put God’s love into action, to bring people together to build homes, communities and hope.
Habitat for Humanity believes that every man, woman and child should have a safe, decent and affordable home. To make this possible, Habitat for Humanity of Michigan partners with the Habitat for Humanity affiliates throughout the state to assist them to reach their maximum sustainable capacity within their individual communities by supporting the further development of their leadership, procedures and resources.
Our mission is based on principles that:
- Focus on Shelter
- Advocate for affordable housing
- Promote dignity and hope
- Support sustainable and transformational development
- The grass roots nature of Habitat for Humanity contributes to its strength and will remain a vital asset to affiliate and state success.
- Successful families build successful neighborhoods. Successful neighborhoods build successful communities. Successful communities build successful states.
- The local, state, national and international expressions of Habitat for Humanity will ultimately be more successful by mutually supporting each other and in essence operating in the spirit of “One Habitat”.
- Affordable housing solutions include health and safety, durability, and energy efficiency as well as a responsibility to our environment, our economy and our neighborhoods.
The affiliates' mission:
- The purpose of Habitat affiliates is to build or rehabilitate decent, affordable housing in partnership with families.
- As a grassroots movement, Habitat affiliates are responsible for housing construction, family selection, and other key decisions.
- More than 200,000 volunteers have been recruited and trained to build houses for people in need in Michigan.